Thursday 17 March 2011

Destructive painting day

A series of videos featuring 6 Artist-in-Residence at The Drumcroon Gallery.  The first one features Faye Power and her beautiful work!

Here is a picture of me below infront of my work 'I'm Not A Feminist, But...' at BlankSpace.


I had only spent over 3 hous in the studio today, and in those two hours I destroyed a piece of work I have been working on for a few months now (picture below).  The piece, amongst everything else that is going on right now, has been frustrating me to fuck!  I could not get the composition correct, the paint kept bleeding, on the photograph, the paint looks texture-less which is my main aim..I want to 'delete' texture, I want to get as far away from a painting as possible...without using collage or print!


'Promising Norman' 2011 ...or was.

On a destructive research time of 10 minutes, I came across the two artists below.

Andrew McAtee
Airspace
                                                       Acrylic, gloss and spray paint on canvas
                                                                            92 x 92cm


 Iain Andrews

The Eat Me [2010]
Acrylic on canvas (500 mm x 600 mm)






No comments:

Post a Comment