Monday 31 January 2011

Idea's for new work

Last night I watched the overly grim film Harry Brown, although I found it very distressing I have not seen a film that good in months or maybe years even! It has inspired my recent thinking (well, overnight thinking) along with the work of Francis Alys (especially his film ''Rehearsal II'').  You can view Alys work on the link below;

http://www.francisalys.com/public/rehearsal.html

I have always admired Alys work,  A few Years back, I think it may have been at MoMA Paris, I saw 'Patriotic Tales', 1997, in which Alys lead a circle of sheep around the flag in el Zocalo in Mexico City. (Image still below) I find the silence in his work mesmerizing, and it makes me want to stay put (and very rarely does that happen, I could have sat and watched it for hours.

Will be posting drawings shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment